cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Row States

In this episode of Tip of the day, Pete and Mary are back to walk us through hiding and excluding rows, and how to use the special Row State data type to store attributes like color, marker and other row state information. If you spend time coloring, marking, selecting, or excluding rows and want to make sure they are saved for later use, you’ll learn a lot from this ToTD.

Comments
Wende

I really appreciate these tips of the day! Always fun to watch. I do wish that JMP would remember these row states. 

One of the things I would like to do is make it so that the charts I create could be run for other users. Is there some script that I could add that would automatically copy to the row states so that the person doesn't need to manually do this work?

Thanks!

Hi @Wende,  Yes you can script that will automatically copy from the row state column to the row states before running the analysis.  Here is a quick example.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Quality Control/Pickles.jmp" );
col = Column( "Time Marker" );
Wait( 2 );
col << Copy To Row States();

Georg

Thanks for the great video on the uses of row states, a really powerful tool