cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
How to Quickly Generate Summary Statistics When Using Tabulate

See how to use the Tabulate platform in JMP for your data.

Full Transcript (Automatically Generated)

View more...

Thanks, Julian. Yeah today Mary and I are gonna go over one of our favorite platforms that's a little bit under appreciated. tabulate. So Mary, you want to take it away?

Sure. Hey Pete, how are you today? I'm good. All things considered How about yourself?

I'm doing all right I'm doing all right. So you sent me some email you wanna learn about how to create tabulated statistics descriptive statistics tables, huh?

Yeah. That's right. Can we look at all three of those outputs and get some statistics on them?

Yeah, yeah, well, you know, you know, you get me all excited when asked about tabulate but anyhow tabulate is one of these. Drag and drop tools in jumping. It's under the Analyze menu under tabulate just in case those of you that don't know and it allows you to create these tables. rows and columns and summarize your table data in a way that you can look at it manipulated and such.

So you want it to look at yield, right? So you can see here as I move it around to where would you like me to put yield peak?

Or it's just dropping the middle there. See what that does? Whew, okay. being brave.

All right. So, as a default, when and when you have continuous data in jump, you get a sum. But you know, that's, I don't want some What do you want? I think, Yeah, looks like can we do mean and standard deviation? Yeah. Oh, yeah, let's do both for twofer.

So you can see here, P, if I bring it up over some and you see that blue box, it means it's going to override it. If I wanted it in addition to some you see that single line to the left. Yeah, or I could put it to the right. And you would get both like this. But let's just take some out, drag it away. And now we have mean and standard deviation.

Great. And can we add like a nesting variable in there to look at the mean across the categorical?

Yeah, so I'm, I'm always interested in shift to what's happening with my shifts. And we have four shifts here. And then, um, sometimes, you know, with where we get our where we get our materials from, we might want to look at that and compare shift and material. What do you think?

Yeah, can we do that?

Sure. So you can see here, once again, the line to the right. That would be you know, query within shift, and that would be post appending. And pre appending would be, you know, shift within query, depending on your question. It doesn't change the information of what you're displaying it just or the way you just reorder the numbers. So let's put it out here.

Wow.

So we can see here. So now we have a table with query shift. And we have that nested and we're looking at the overall yield standard deviation.

So there's a lot of numbers that are passed that decimal place could could we change that? So it's not quite so overwhelming. Oh, yeah.

Yeah. So if you look down the bottom here, we have some options, and one of them is changed format. And then I like to usually make it set the format for all to be the same. And let's do fixed decimal and I usually think two's enough. Yeah. And we'll set that format say, okay, voila, look at that.

So we can easily change the decimals.

One other thing could I add the aggregate statistics to show me the overall yield average? Is there an easy way to do that in here? Oh, yes.

Good. So if we look here, have the ability to add some aggregate statistics. So let's check the box.

So if you look down at the bottom, here's all Uh huh. And here's all for each one of the, for each one of the groupings as well. Oh, that's and then the total.

That's one other thing I have a fair amount of missing data, is there a way I can include the statistics for the yield on the where I don't have data?

Sure, you have this option for include missing. And you can see here we have the mean and standard deviation for missing. I don't know if it really makes sense in this type of grouping. But you do have the ability to show that but one of the things I do like is order by count Do you know that one, Pete know what's that all about? Here you go. So what it does is it reorders things by the highest value.

Okay, that's that's great married now. My last question, can I make this into a data table is used and how do I do that?

So, once again, under the red triangle, you have the option of making into a data table. And now we can take that and potentially use graph builder or other graphing tools or analysis platforms we want with this summarize data table that we created.

Perfect. Well, thank you, Mary. That that helps me a lot.