cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Save Current Column Order and Grouping

This Add-In is used to save the current column order for the presently open data table as well as any column groups that may exist. Running the Add-In will create a script that is saved to the data table named "Set Saved Column Order". When this saved script is run your column order and groups will be restored to what they were when the Add-In was originally run.

Simply put, running the Add-In produces a script that will restore your column order and groupings - if they ever change.

More than one column order can be saved at a time by simply re-running the Add-In. One advantage of having the script saved to the data table is that other data tables that use the original table as a source will have this "Set Saved Column Order" script saved to it as well as the source script.

If one or more column is deleted between the time the Add-In is run the and the time the saved script is run then column order and grouping will be restored to what they were minus the columns that are no longer present. Deleting a column should not break the script.

If one or more columns has been added between the time Add-in is run and the time the saved script is run, then those new columns will be appended to the end of the restored column order.

Comments

Love that add in already now!
Thanks for the effort!

Is it possible to add a feature that it also restores grouped scripts as well?

Hi Benjamin @Benjamin_Fuerst .  When you use the @mention function for the author, they will get you comment directly.  So @nickholmes13 , Benjamin wonder if you can add a feature that restores grouped scripts as well.

Hey @Benjamin_Fuerst. Sounds like a good idea! I will try to work on adding that functionality.

@nickholmes13Thanks! Looking forward to testing that for You!

@gail_massarithanks for that tip. I wasn t aware of that!

@nickholmes13 : I just saw the the source and scripts add in by benfrancis has also an an group scripts part. (Run Source Script in Data Table and Transfer All Scripts and Script Groups to Up... - JMP User Commu...)
Maybe you can utilize that one for that feature.