cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Run Source Script in Data Table and Transfer All Scripts and Script Groups to Updated Table

JMP has the handy feature of setting up a Source script based on what you have imported; spreadsheets, web pages, databases etc..

If you're like me, you save your work in scripts to the data table. However, when you want to update your data table and do the same analyses again, clicking Source means you lose the scripts.

This isn't a design flaw, JMP is simply recreating your original import conditions. For database imports, the "Update From Database" is available and this will update your table in place. 

For all other imports and if you'd like a new data table with updated table to save, this Add-In will hopefully be helpful!

1. Have a data table open that has a "Source" script.
  2. Click "Source and Scripts" under the "Add-Ins" menu (or use keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+U).
  3. The Add-In runs the "Source" script.
  4. Then copies all scripts to the new table (except for "Source", "Modify Query" [if applicable] and "Update From Database" [if applicable]).
  5. Finally, any script groups you created are applied to the new table too.

I must thank @DVLuna who's code formed a large part of Step 4 in this Community answer!

Comments
jsdejmp

Well done. Thank you. As I customize the original jmp file alot, I can see a type of version 2 / different version of this script that runs Source and then copies data from the new file to the original file by matching on column name. 

benfrancis

Apologies only just seen your comment!

Glad this was helpful Jameel, I can certainly put something like what you suggest together. I was conscious that I didn't want to alter the original file with this addin. However, watch this space @jsdejmp !

AlecCie

Thanks for this add-in.

One question, any way to use it and also transfer over individual columns' characteristics such as Spec Limits, Data types selected, etc?