cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Join Nearest Rows - Join tables by using continuous columns and nearest values
jthi
Super User

Join Nearest Rows is a Tool which allows JMP users to join two tables based on continuous columns. From time to time it might be useful to be able to join two tables for example from different databases without exact matches in timestamps. This tool should allow you to do that fairly easily while letting you decide the lookup direction, allow you to use grouping columns and tolerance to determine maximum allowed distance.

One example can be found from community in this post: How do I join tables based on one fully matching column and one closest matching? 

jthi_0-1644594604870.png

Tool provides some options to control the direction of join:

• Backwards
  • Forwards
  • Nearest (I think this tie-breaks to larger value)
  • Nearest with tie-breaker taking smaller value
  • Nearest with tie-breaker taking larger value

Using the tool can be a bit tricky as the UI isn't best possible and I have yet to write proper instructions. You can post improvement ideas here here or in open issue in GitHub - Join Nearest Rows . This is one tool I will most likely keep on developing and improving, so it is  subject to change a lot.

This tool is part of JMP-Tools I have been working on for some time now and I will release more Add-Ins when time permits in JMP Community.