cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Bulk Concatenate Add-in

If you have several tables that need to be concatenated to a single table, you may not want to have all of the tables open at one time. This add-in can concatenate all tables you select without opening them all at once. In fact, you never see the tables as they are opened and closed in the background.

This should work for all file type that JMP can open without any import settings.

When you launch the add-in from the Add-ins menu (Add-Ins > Bulk Concatenate), you will be asked to select files to be concatenated.Select all the tables you would like to concatenateSelect all the tables you would like to concatenate

After selecting files, you will be asked if you have any additional files to concatenate. This is asked just in case you have files that live in different locations that need to be concatenated together.Click Yes to be prompted to select additional tables. Click No to concatenate the files already selected.Click Yes to be prompted to select additional tables. Click No to concatenate the files already selected.After clicking No, the add-in will concatenate all selected tables together with a source column.

Output TableOutput Table

Comments
kwmcm
I know this is a year + old, but this has just saved me TIME and thinking power! THANK YOU

Thanks for the kind words @kwmcm!

If you have JMP 14, you might consider checking out the new multiple file import feature. It's available under File > Import Multiple Files on Windows and File > Open Multiple on Mac.

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/14/import-multiple-files.shtml

-Justin

kwmcm
Hi Justin! I was playing around with that feature, but the way we have our excel sheets set up (to be updated soon!) it kept pulling the first tab, and I was looking for the second tab. It may be helpful down the road, but this Add In has been amazingly helpful!!! Thanks! Katie
Faisal_MEM

What if all the data tables dont have the same numbers of columns?

kwmcm

@Faisal_MEM I haven't found that to be an issue. I concatenate data table that have some extra columns, and  they usually get put on the end.

Hope that helps!

Pim

Hi Justin,

This is a very nice Add-in! However, I was wondering how (and if) it can be changed to import and concatenate multiple Excel files.
What I would like to do is: Import up to 2 Excel files and concatenate selected worksheets from both Excel files (if 2 Excel files were selected) into 1 JMP data table. I know how to import and concatenate the desired Excel worksheet(s) of 1 Excel file using the Get Excel Worksheets script (learned via this link: http://www.pega-analytics.co.uk/blog/get-excel-worksheets/), however I can't get it to work when I try to import 2 Excel files (it only shows worksheets in 1 of the 2 Excel files). The 2 Excel files from which worksheets should be concatenated are not always saved in the same directory (sometimes data from different departments have to be analyzed), so the browsing option as in your add-in would be a nice solution for that. Perhaps you know how to combine your add-in and the script provided in above link? That would be great!