cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
thickey
Level III

Irish JMP User Group Quarterly Newsletter Q2, 2021

Welcome…

…to the first edition of the Irish JMP User Group Newsletter.

It’s been an odd year for us all in so many ways with wide reaching impacts of Covid-19 to our personal and professional lives. One such casualty was the inability

for us, the Irish JMP User Community to get out of the office and meet likeminded folk at our 2020 annual gathering. For me, I miss the chat, the familiar

faces, and the ah-ha moments as I pick up some new snippet of JSL or a JMP trick I never knew existed. Despite this, our online event last year, which

was attended by both the UK and Ireland users was a great event, packed full of topics and demonstrations with almost 80 attendees. What a success!

This year we will again host our event online and I’m sure we will see a full house yet again!

Another hugely successful online event this year was Discovery Summit Europe 2021. This event was full of superb talks, informative sessions

and amazing e-posters presented over the week. In fact, our ‘own’ Kieran O’Mahonys paper: ‘Milking the Data at Dairygold: From Bar Charts to Neural

Networks’ was an award winning presentation, demonstrating how analysis both simple and complex can add real business insight to any industry.

So, why a newsletter?

We work in the broad area of data analysis, with JMP as the common thread that brings us together. In this field, communication is key. Leveraging

group knowledge and having industry wide contacts benefits all members as we work through our daily tasks and solve problems. The intention of this

newsletter is to galvanize our group, promote relationships, facilitate training, inform us on advances in JMP and to increase our membership. Hopefully

this newsletter will drive the communication that facilitates these goals, be unobtrusive yet a great source of information for our community.

Let’s get started….

Upcoming events

Irish JMP User forum annual get-together.

Currently June 23rd is assigned as a placeholder and formal confirmation will be available in the coming weeks. However, please use link below to register for that event and for updates.

https://www.jmp.com/en_gb/events/seminars/user-group/ir-online-user-group-23jun21.html

UK JMP User forum annual get-together (TDB)

As with last year the UK event will be hosted online and open to Irish users. Last year’s even was a great success and well worth attending.       

Discovery Summit Europe 2021:

You missed it but all presentations, e-Posters and other material related to this even are available at this link:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discovery-Summit-Europe-2021/tkb-p/discovery-eu-2021-content

Quarterly User Bio

Each quarter we would like to highlight the amazing work going on in our community by our users. For this first newsletter Kieran has very kindly

offered his Bio, and, given his recent success and Discovery Summit it is greatly appreciated.

Kieran O’Mahony

Data Science and Analytics Manager, Dairygold Food Ingredients.

thickey_0-1618238324596.png

Click to read Kieran’s award-winning Paper.

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Community-News/Discovery-Europe-2021-Top-Voted-Papers-and-Posters/ba-p/...

Mastering JMP. Live Webinars

These free webinars happen typically 5-6 time per month covering a wide range of topics at all levels of expertise. For example, April talks are:

You can sign up for reminders to these webinars using the link below:

https://www.jmp.com/en_us/events/mastering/upcoming-live-webinars.html

JMP Product Updates

JMP16 has Landed with many new features including:

• Action Recording and Enhanced Log Mode
  • Model Screening
  • Term Selection and Sentiment Analysis
  • Control Chart Warnings in JMP Live

Find out more using this link:

https://www.jmp.com/en_us/software/new-release/new-in-jmp.html#ca812faa-b0e7-453e-a492-28d166a8b76f

Resources

Here are the Members of the Steering Committee of the Irish JMP User Group and the JMP Representatives who look after us.

Irish JMP User Group

JMP/SAS

Chair

Troy Hickey (Intel)

General JMP questions

jmpuk@jmp.com

Steering Committee:

Paul Phelan (Abbott)

Technical support on JMP/JSL

support@jmp.com

Melvyn Perry (Pfizer)

JMP/JSL Open Forum

JMP User Community

Alan Ruttle (Analog Devices)

Ivan Moore (Seagate)

Links & Resources

JMP Irish User Group

Our Homepage. Here is the place to reach out to the group or an individual

JMP Community

Great place to ask questions, access training, start a discussion and find out about up and coming events

JMP Home Page

Official JMP Website / Homepage.

This newsletter is published quarterly and administered by Troy Hickey and I can be contacted at troyhickey@practicalanalytics.ie.

If you would like to receive this newsletter directly to your inbox, please drop me an email.

Stay safe, Troy

0 REPLIES 0