cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lgutierrez
Level I

saved script format new table correctly, but no data is loaded

Hi all,

JMP 18.0.1 in Windows

Super beginner here. I'm trying to use scripts in order to save time formatting and analyzing data. I save a script from a dataset A via "red triangle > copy table script" and dump it in a text editor. Then I open the dataset B (exactly same original formatting as dataset A) and go "red triangle > new script", and paste the table script. The result is that I get a the proper formatting and new column formulas, but no data is loaded (as seen below)

lgutierrez_0-1725288101386.png

How can I make use of the script from dataset A to generate a formatted/analyzed dataset B? I tried modifying the references in the script but it made no difference.

Kind regards,

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: saved script format new table correctly, but no data is loaded

What does your A dataset have? What does your dataset B have? What do you wish to copy over from dataset A to dataset B?

Also, you might want to check out Workflow Builder https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/18.0/index.shtml#page/jmp/workflow-builder.shtml# .

-Jarmo
lgutierrez
Level I

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

dataset A and B contain measurement results of two different devices, in csv format. I proceeded to manipulated A to stack columns, add new formula columns, etc.. in order to produce the result graphs I need. I see the A script contains the steps followed to achieve the final format.

What I'd like is to use this script to simplify/speed up the formatting of B, so I can go straight into data analysis. I have dozens of other datasets to be analyzed, all with the same raw format, so being able to reach proper format by one mouse click would go a long way.

I'll look into the workflow builder.

txnelson
Super User

Also, what messages are in the log?

providing the script would be very useful.

Jim