cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

? repeated measure ANOVA or a different test. ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE !!

Hello,
I'm trying to analyse some data but I'm not sure if I'm using the correct test - I'd be very grateful for some advice from someone who does know !

I have 5 subjects. In a cross-over design each subject was exposed to each of the 4 treatments (test meals using 4 different types of bread). I have data on insulin response for 6 different time points following each meal. My main question is does the insulin response differ at any time point between the 4 treatments (breads).

I've been using a repeated measure ANOVA in Jmp (Fit model - insulin at each of the 6 time points in Y - Subject and Bread in construct model effects. Then 'time' in specification of repeated measures).

What I'm not sure about is does this take account of the cross-over design and that each meal is repeated in each subject - ie. it's not 20 seperate test meals in 20 subjects - it's 20 test meals in 5 subjects.

If this is the correct test, which p-value answer my question ?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks
1 REPLY 1
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: ? repeated measure ANOVA or a different test. ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE !!

If you go to the Help pulldown menu and type "Repeated Measures" in the search field you will be directed to a section in the manuals that will guide you through your analysis.