cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

how to multiple column format at once in JMP Script I have them in a column group and all should be Fixed Dec, 15, 0 -thanks

how to multiple column format at once in JMP Script I have them in a column group and all should be Fixed Dec, 15, 0 -than

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: how to multiple column format at once in JMP Script I have them in a column group and all should be Fixed Dec, 15, 0 -thanks

Select the columns you want to change the format to, then go to the pull down menu

Cols=>Standardize Attributes

and you will be able to set the format once and it will apply it to all of the selected columns.

Jim

View solution in original post

Georg
Level VII

Re: how to multiple column format at once in JMP Script I have them in a column group and all should be Fixed Dec, 15, 0 -thanks

In addition to interactive way of Jim, to do it as a Script see the following example:

Names Default To Here( 1 );
// define a column group and set format of that columns in the group

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA\Big Class.jmp" );
dt << group columns( "decimals", {:height, :weight} );

For Each( {value}, dt << get column group( "decimals" ),
	Print( value );
	value << Format( "Fixed Dec", 15, 3 );
);
Georg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Select the columns you want to change the format to, then go to the pull down menu

Cols=>Standardize Attributes

and you will be able to set the format once and it will apply it to all of the selected columns.

Jim
Georg
Level VII

In addition to interactive way of Jim, to do it as a Script see the following example:

Names Default To Here( 1 );
// define a column group and set format of that columns in the group

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA\Big Class.jmp" );
dt << group columns( "decimals", {:height, :weight} );

For Each( {value}, dt << get column group( "decimals" ),
	Print( value );
	value << Format( "Fixed Dec", 15, 3 );
);
Georg

Thanks for your help