cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hillel
Level I

graph builder x axes- how to change the axes rang when i wrapped several graphs together

graph builder x axes- how to change the axes rang when i wrapped several graphs together

8 REPLIES 8
ThuongLe
Level IV

Re: graph builder x axes- how to change the axes rang when i wrapped several graphs together

not sure what you meant. Can you include a picture?
Thuong Le
txnelson
Super User

Re: graph builder x axes- how to change the axes rang when i wrapped several graphs together

The axes on the left and bottom are still active when you wrap the graphs.  Is this what you need?

Jim
hillel
Level I

thank you for the quick response.
for every square i want the same value but to change the range. and if it
is possible to present them.
attaching an example:
[image: image.png]
txnelson
Super User

no attached image
Jim
hillel
Level I

graph exemple.JPG

txnelson
Super User

The wrap will not give you separate axes that can be changed.  However, the By clause will, and if you put a Lineup Box() around the Graph Builder, you can get the results you want.  Below is a sample script

lineup.PNG

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/semiconductor capability.jmp" );

nw = New Window( "Example",
	Lineup Box( N Col( 3 ),
		Graph Builder(
	Size( 324, 293 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :NPN2 ), Y( :NPN1 ) ),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 1 ) ), Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 2 ) ) ),
	by( :wafer )
)
	)
);
Jim
hillel
Level I

thank you very much. this us exactly what i been looking for. if just can explain step by step how you do it? (not in a script please )

thanks 

txnelson
Super User

To interactively do what I showed is a laborious process.

1. Run the Graph Builder using the Dialog Box input, and specify a BY column.
  2. Once the graphs are produced open a Journal......CNTL/Shift/J
  3. Go back to the graphs and select the "Selection Tool" from the tool box.
  4. Go to the Outline Box for the first graph, click and hold and drag the graph to the journal
  5. Go to the next graph's Outline Box and click and drag it to the right of the first graph in the journal.
  6. Repeat step 5 with the next graph.
  7. Go to the 4th graph in the original output, and drag it to a position below the first graph in the journal.
  8. Repeat the process until all graphs have been moved.

As you can see, running a script would be much simpler.

Jim