cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GammaZulu
Level II

When we bootstrap a nonlinear model, how are the bootstrap parameters calculated?

JMP has proved to be an invaluable tool, and we are using JMP's nonlinear platform to fit various kinetic models that are now being used for regulatory purposes.   We need to be able to describe to various agencies around the world such as FDA, EMEA, how the bootstrap parameter list is generated within JMP.   We don't need extreme detail, just a description in plain lay-person's English that can be explained to non-statisticians or modelers on how the process works within JMP.  The Help files for JMP on this subject are not particularly well fleshed out.   

I do have a very good idea of how it's doing the bootstrapping procedure, but I need to be sure of what I'm saying is absolutely true.  

I use JMP pro, version 17.   When we bootstrap these models we do not click on "Fractional Weights."  We do have "Split Selected Column" checked as well as "Discard Stacked Table if Split Works" as these are the defaults.     

0 REPLIES 0