cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
xliu
Level II

What is the statistical method used in response screening for means difference test?

Dear expert,

I'm using JMP 17.2.0. I am analyzing a RNAseq gene expression data. The data has control samples and treated samples, each sample has 3000 genes. I used Response Screening to look for differential gene expression between control and treated samples, I got p-values and FDR p-values in Means Difference table, but I'm wondering what is the statistical method used to test the means difference between the control samples and treated samples for each gene expression? Was One-Way ANOVA used repeatedly to test the difference in gene expression followed by Benjemini-Horchberg FDR adjustment, or some other types of tests used? 

Thank you!

Liu

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: What is the statistical method used in response screening for means difference test?

Here is the information provided in the Predictive and Specialized Modeling book on page 539 in the JMP Documentation Library under the Help pull down menu

txnelson_0-1717752582743.png

Jim

View solution in original post

Re: What is the statistical method used in response screening for means difference test?

The tests are the same as those available through the four platforms launched by Analyze > Fit Y by X. See this other section of the documentation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Here is the information provided in the Predictive and Specialized Modeling book on page 539 in the JMP Documentation Library under the Help pull down menu

txnelson_0-1717752582743.png

Jim
xliu
Level II

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation!

The tests are the same as those available through the four platforms launched by Analyze > Fit Y by X. See this other section of the documentation.

xliu
Level II

Thanks a lot for information, Mark! I found it in the documentation.