cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
pswilliams
Level I

Web Published Dashboard - X-Axis Column Graph labels Not All Visible

Hello, I'm looking to share an analysis of some data for an upcoming project launch.  The target audience does not have JMP.  

Thus, I've created my first dashboard and then published it to HTML for sharing.  

One problem.  

I have a series of graphs.  The one of interest is a column chart.  It has many X-axis entries.  When I view in JMP, it looks fine and I can view all the entries.  When the same dashboard is published to HTML, some of the X-axis labels are missing.  I've tried resizing and everything I can think of, but this happens every time I create the graph.  Additionally, I have other graphs of similar complexity in the same dashboard that render fine to HTML.  

Is there something to try to ensure that all X-axis labels are showing on a column chart when published to HTML?

Thanks for the help!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Web Published Dashboard - X-Axis Column Graph labels Not All Visible

Hi @pswilliams,

It's hard to tell without a picture or script to reproduce what you are seeing, but my guess is that it could be caused by the web version of the axis being more aggressive about removing axis labels that might overlap. 

One thing that might help is specifying the Label Orientation on the x axis to be Vertical. 

John_Powell_JMP_0-1625663498305.png

Here's what that would look like for a column chart of students' heights in Big Class.jmp exported as Interactive HTML. 

John_Powell_JMP_1-1625663954051.png

If that's not working for you, please provide more details or a picture of the issue. If you are not comfortable sharing that here, please contact JMP Technical Support  and they can help you find a solution.

Thanks, 

~John