cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
PS
PS
Level III

Wafer shot map and GDPW optimization script

Hi,

In the semiconductor industry you usually need to optimize the number of dies you can squeeze on a wafer (GDPW).

I wrote a script in JSL that calculates the best and worst possible number of good dies per wafer given a certain geometry. Especially for large dies, a small shift of the shot array by a few mm can improve the GDPW by up to 5%.

In this script you define some input parameters such as die X/Y-dimensions, wafer size, scribeline width, edge exclusion, bottom flat exclusion, etc.

The script will simulate a shift of the shot array in small steps, record the best and worst possible number of GDPW, and store some analytical data in a JMP Journal.

Maybe somebody can find some inspiration in it, use it for academic purposes or maybe even translate the results to something that can be used on their tools in the factory.

The calculations take some time, typically around 100 seconds.

If anybody has some input on how to speed up the calculation, please let me know.

At the bottom of this post I have attached two .jsl files that need to be placed in the same folder.

Wafermap.pngXY plot.pngComparison.png

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Wafer shot map and GDPW optimization script

You could run the script in the debugger. It has profiling capability, which will tell you where the script spends its time. That information might suggest coded that could be optimized for speed.

PS
PS
Level III

Re: Wafer shot map and GDPW optimization script

Thanks, I've tried that and made some changes such as using "for each row ()" instead of for-loops, etc. Interestingly, removing "names default to here (1)" cut the calculation time in half.