cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JmpLearner1
Level I

Transitioning Project from GraphPad to JMP

Hello everyone, I'm moving a huge project/worksheet (with multiple datasets, analysis, graphs across multiple years) from Graphpad to JMP. I've downloaded the project into a .pzfx file format. I've tried to open the file in JMP (by going to File, Open, select all file types, and choosing the file), but it was not read into JMP properly. 

Other than having to download each dataset as a csv file, what are my options? 

And any advice on creating projects/Workflows in JMP would be highly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Transitioning Project from GraphPad to JMP

There appears to be the ability to read Graphpad files in both Python and R.  I am not experienced with .pzfx files at all, but the Google search that I did indicated that a Python program from ulido indicates that it will read the Graphpad files into Python dataframes.  You should be able to run that program from within JMP and then transfer the dataframes into JMP data tables.

Concerning the project/Workflows learning, I suggest you start by going to the Learn JMP tab at the top of this Discussion webpage.

Jim
stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Transitioning Project from GraphPad to JMP

Hi @JmpLearner1,

From the GraphPad documentation the files are xml based and should be readable.  "...The first part of the file contains all the data tables and info sheets in a plain-text XML format that can be viewed by other programs..."

cheers,

Stan