cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Stephanie
Level II

Transferring JMP to a new computer

Hi,

I have a JMP12 licence installed on my old computer and would like to transfer it to my new computer.

Not so clear how to uninstall / release the licence from my old computer. Could you help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Transferring JMP to a new computer

Hi,

jmp12 licence (jmp.per file) is by default located on C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\12\jmp.per.

So, if your adminitrator did not change this default installtion, you just have to copy jmp.per from your old computer to the new one.

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume
Stephanie
Level II

Thanks!
I have a mac and this path does not exist. I tried to locate a "jump.per" file, but without success.
Of note, I actually copied my old computer to the new one, so in principle, all files should have been carried along.

On Mac, jmp.per (not jump.per) is located in this folder (by default) :
~/Library/Application Support/JMP/12
Guillaume

Information could be find here : https://www.jmp.com/en_us/support/jmp-deployment-guides.html
Guillaume
david_arteta
Level III

How about transferring the complete SAS Software Depot directory to the new computer?

Stephanie
Level II

I indeed meant jmp, not jump (sorry, auto-correction :-((
I searched my computer entirely with finder and with Terminal for a JMP.PER file but could not find one, and concerning David's suggestion, my old computer was copied to the new one, so I would expect all the files are there. Well well, I contacted JMP support. Will keep you posted!
Thanks
Stephanie
Level II

OK, got the solution from support@jmp.com:
you need to contact them and they send you a response code to paste into the window that opens up upon launching the application.
Happy stats!