Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hazem77
Level I

Supply Chain Applications using Jump

Hi , 

I'm a supply chain professional and I'm wondering if i can find some examples on how to employ JMP in handling Supply chain areas, like upstream , production scheduling, inventory management , ....etc

1 REPLY 1
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: Supply Chain Applications using Jump

Having personally worked in supply chain areas for a time when I was in industry...if you've got data and problems to either explain or solve...it all starts with framing the problem in a way that can be either tested or described. That's not a JMP issue but a domain expertise issue. Then go find the data to address the problem. My experience was this 'data' usually resided in ERP type systems where extraction capability is the biggest hurdle. If the data warehousing system is accessible through some sort of SQL interface, then JMP has some pretty powerful SQL capabilities to build the query and execute it within your IT environment. Once you've got the data there will almost always be some cleanup and manipulation of the query results. Again JMP has lots to offer in this space. Then it's on to analysis...forecasting, reporting, whatever the problem calls for...I'll bet JMP can offer something. Then it's onto sharing your findings...again JMP has lots to offer...JMP Public, JMP Live, Dashboard builder, or even just a nice export to MS applications like Word, Powerpoint or pdf files all resides in JMP.

Hope this helps?