cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Metin_Tueluemen
Level III

Script error when it´s used in App-Builder

I have a script to open and combine two tables. Based on selected time and runtype, it creates first subsets then combine those tables. When I run in script editor, or put it into add-in directly, it works fine. But I want to put that script under a "button box" in application builder, where it gives an error for each table subset. If I click both "ok", I get my final table anyway. But it´s disturbing and not convenient to get those errors:

I/O problem.

"table_name.jmp"

Unable to open in ReadWrite mode.

The system cannot find the file specified.

@martindemel 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Script error when it´s used in App-Builder

This sounds like a problem with the Default Directory in JSL, but it is surprising that the script would appear to work fine after having produced this error message.  Maybe it works because the tables are already open?

If it is a Default Directory issue, you could try using a full path, or calling Set Default Directory() at some point in the app.

Metin_Tueluemen
Level III

Re: Script error when it´s used in App-Builder

Hi Dan, thanks for your answer. I still don´t know what is the root cause for this problem, but I do not set any default directory, because the people use that should decide where to save. But i found a work around. Instead of writing the script under the "button" in app builder, I just include() my external script. Now it works.