Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
EstherV
Level I

Running a script - gets stucked after 'sort'

Hi, 

I'm running a script, attaching part of it. When I run the whole thing, it get stucked after line 42, and what happens in 47 and beneath doesn't happen.

EstherV_0-1674744181597.png

What am I doing wrong?

The error is:

EstherV_1-1674744261273.png

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Running a script - gets stucked after 'sort'

Hi @EstherV,

Without having more of the code to try out I have to make a guess or two:

I think you are getting that error message because summary tables in JMP are linked to the original table by default, which means that row selections are linked. This also means that the columns in your summary table will be locked so that the correspondence between the source data and summary data remains constant. You can adjust this behavior by disabling the linking when you make the summary table in line 34. 

dt2 = dt1 << Summary(
	Group( :VID, :DEVICE_NUMBER ),
	Link to original data table( 0 )
);

Alternatively, it might be that in line 50 you are not explicitly stating that you wish to replace the value in dt1 with a value in dt2, and the current data table from JMP's perspective may still be the summary table. That line might need to be adjusted to read dt1:VID[i] = dt2:VID[i]

I hope this helps!

@julian 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @EstherV,

Without having more of the code to try out I have to make a guess or two:

I think you are getting that error message because summary tables in JMP are linked to the original table by default, which means that row selections are linked. This also means that the columns in your summary table will be locked so that the correspondence between the source data and summary data remains constant. You can adjust this behavior by disabling the linking when you make the summary table in line 34. 

dt2 = dt1 << Summary(
	Group( :VID, :DEVICE_NUMBER ),
	Link to original data table( 0 )
);

Alternatively, it might be that in line 50 you are not explicitly stating that you wish to replace the value in dt1 with a value in dt2, and the current data table from JMP's perspective may still be the summary table. That line might need to be adjusted to read dt1:VID[i] = dt2:VID[i]

I hope this helps!

@julian 

EstherV
Level I

Hi, thanks for the response!

It works! the combination of what you wrote!