cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
shaohuazhan
Level II

Restricted cubic splines with survival data

In one paper (PMID: 29240540),Multivariate Cox proportional hazards regression models with restricted cubic splines (RCS) and adaptive splines were used to demonstrate the continuous relationship between patient age and papillary thyroid cancer (PTC) specific mortality,and the results were showed in the following figureImage 1.png

I do the same thing in JMP using the "Fit Proportional Hazards":

1.Select Analyze > Reliability and Survival > Fit Proportional Hazards.

2.Populate the Time to Event and Censor boxes with the appropriate columns.

3.Add age and tumor size to the construct model effects.

4.Click the red triangle next to "Attributes," and select Knotted Spline Effect . Type 3 knots , and click OK.

5.Click Run in the Model Specification dialog box.

6.Click the red triangle next to Proportional Hazards Fit, and select Risk Ratios

7.The results are showed in the following figure,but the output can not be obtained as the paper Image 2.jpg

Therefore,I do the same thing in JMP using the "Fit Parametric Survival":

1.Select Analyze > Reliability and Survival > Fit Parametric Survival.

2.Populate the Time to Event and Censor boxes with the appropriate columns.

3.Add age and tumor size to the construct model effects.

4.Click the red triangle next to "Attributes," and select Knotted Spline Effect . Type 3 knots , and click OK.

5.Click Run in the Model Specification dialog box.

6.Click the red triangle next to Parametric Survival Fit, and select Save probability formula.Dose Fitted failure probalility just like Hazard Ratio(HR) in the Cox survival anlysis?

7.Click the red triangle next to Parametric Survival Fit, and select Distribution Profiler, Dose the output have the same meanings as the paper in the following figure Image 3.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
shaohuazhan
Level II

Re: Restricted cubic splines with survival data

why Save Columns button is gray in my JMP software? I can't save survival formula.

I don't know anything about a Save Column button.

I don't have any idea why something is disabled base on the limited information about what you are doing.

The problem is the semi-parametric proportional hazard model assumptions. If you select a parametric distribution, such as Weibull, then you can save the prediction formula and the confidence interval formula to the data table.