cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tahir
Level II

Reliability calculation with only failure

Hi,

I have the following test data

Nr of hours                          test results

2400                                    not failed, test stopped

2600                                    failed

I tried to use the 'life distribution' but i dont get any result as i have one failure so i want to know how to to calculate reliability at 750 hours?

BR,

/Tahir

1 REPLY 1

Re: Reliability calculation with only failure

With only one observed failure, you cannot estimate two model parameters (such as alpha and beta for Weibull). You can perform a WeiBayes analysis if you only need to estimate one of these parameters. Select Weibull as the distribution model at the top in Compare Distributions. Then click the red triangle next to the Parametric Estimate - Weibull for the model results and select Fix Parameter. A new section opens where you can enter the known value and then estimate the other.

Note that you can estimate the independent parameter but you cannot evaluate goodness of fit with only a single observation.