cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Françoise
Level V

Query Builder with Excel file with Excel Filter

hi,

i use a query builder to import an excel file. but if someone put a filter in the excel file, the query import less lines.

how to make a query builder which import all the lines even the hideen lines in excel?

best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Query Builder with Excel file with Excel Filter

I just ran a simple test to verify, but query builder brings in all of the rows for me even from a filtered Excel spreadsheet. 

Now if I OPEN an Excel table, the default behavior is that I only receive the filtered Excel rows. To fix this problem, in the Excel Import Wizard, click the NEXT button at the bottom of the page. Clear the checkboxes that suppress the hidden rows/columns.

Testing.JPG

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I just ran a simple test to verify, but query builder brings in all of the rows for me even from a filtered Excel spreadsheet. 

Now if I OPEN an Excel table, the default behavior is that I only receive the filtered Excel rows. To fix this problem, in the Excel Import Wizard, click the NEXT button at the bottom of the page. Clear the checkboxes that suppress the hidden rows/columns.

Testing.JPG

Dan Obermiller
Françoise
Level V

ok,

It's good.

thanks

Françoise
Level V

hi,

I'm using 4 filters for the same query builder to select lines.

another pb: all the lines are selected. Last week, it was OK.

explications?

best regards

Françoise
Level V

Hi,

I use a filter which has 2 values selected.

It' OK.

when I add an another filter (on an another variable) with 2 values selected:all the lines are selected as the query builder don't use the filters.

best regards

Could you possibly share an example of what you are trying to do?? It is too difficult to determine what is going wrong without that example. Thanks.

Dan Obermiller