cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hogi
Level XI

Properties menu

Via Edit/Properties a user can open the Properties menu on the right of the window.

This menu allows to fine-adjust reports.

Is there further documentation about the Properties Menu?
E.g. the tree structure on the top, what does it represent?

Is there a search function like the xpath functionality for the Display Tree?

hogi_0-1697294507646.png

2 REPLIES 2
Ressel
Level VI

Re: Properties menu

Probably you know this already, but my response was triggered by "tree structure". Besides properties, it is also possible to view the tree structure of a report by right-clicking into the topmost disclosure icon (the grey triangle lying on one of its catheti) > selecting Edit -> Show Tree Structure.

Ressel_1-1697300552674.png

Per "Jump into JMP Scripting"; which summarizes all I know about the tree structure; this is for finding the different display boxes in a report so these can be adequately referenced. 

From the book:

JMP draws a diagram showing the hierarchical organization of the different display boxes that make up the report. ... These are basic display boxes found in most reports, and there is a number associated with each one. Knowing the type and number of the display box enables you to reference individual display boxes in a JMP report.

hogi
Level XI

Re: Properties menu

Yes, thanks.

The tree structure in the properties menu seems to be similar to the Display Tree - perhaps even the same at a certain depth.

But not exactly the same. Here I marked some entries in the Properties Tree which don't show up in the Display Tree on the left:

hogi_1-1697301152007.png

Names Default to Here(1);
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
NewWindow("test", Outline Box("main menu",Distribution(
	Continuous Distribution(
		Column( :height )
	),
	By( :sex )
)))