Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BJK_JerseyBoy
Level III

Process development with multiple factors

Hi everyone,

I'm currently engaged in a process development project with the goal of 1) minimizing the total process time while 2) maintaining or enhancing the yield. This objective is similar to viral vector production case, where maximizing virus yield in the shortest production time is crucial.

After consulting with subject matter experts, we've pinpointed 10 factors for potential modification. Initially, my plan is to identify the primary factors that exert significant influence on the outcome solely by analyzing their main effects.

Once these critical factors are identified, I intend to construct a Response Surface Methodology (RSM) utilizing them to optimize the process. To start, I've incorporated these 10 factors into a custom design, resulting in 16 runs (or process conditions) by default. Considering that only one condition can be executed at a time, I've opted to treat this as a split-plot design. Consequently, I've adjusted each factor from 'Easy' to 'Hard'.

BJK_JerseyBoy_0-1712698107953.png

JMP generates 13 whole plots with triplicate in it.

BJK_JerseyBoy_1-1712698164164.png

Since it's feasible to increase the number of replicates for each process condition (or whole plot), I'm inclined to raise the number of replicates from 3 to, let's say, 6.

To achieve this, I need to modify the whole plot to accommodate more replicates. What should I do to make the whole plot include more replicates.

Also is there alternative or even better way to optimize discount of processes?

Thank you guys!

0 REPLIES 0