cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
wpsousa
Level I

Problem specifying model for a partly nested ANOVA design

My study design is mixed-model with one fixed between-plot fixed factor (A), a random plot factor (B), nested in A (B[A]), and two crossed within-plot fixed factors (C and D).  I'm able to enter a full factorial model that includes the 3 fixed factors and all their interactions, using either the Least Squares or Mixed-Model Personality.  I'm also able to add the random factor (B[A]), but things go awry when I try to add the interactions between this random factor and the 2 fixed factors and their interaction (C x D).  For example, when I cross B[A] with factor C, the program generates the factor B x C[A}, which is incorrect.  It should be C x B[A].  The same thing happens when I try to cross D or C x D with B[A]. I thought that maybe the program would automatically generate these interactions in the background and use them as denominators for the F-ratios of the fixed factors and their interactions.  However, only factor A has the correct denominator (B[A]); the other fixed factors and their interactions use the residual MS as their denominator, which is incorrect.

I'm a novice JMP user and must be missing some trick for adding the random x fixed interactions to the model.  Any help with this would be much appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0