Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
KDC
KDC
Level I

Predictive modeling options greyed out on Mac

Some of my students using Macs with JMP PRO 17.2 are seeing all Predictive Modeling options other than Decision Tree greyed out, i.e. unavailable for use.  They also do not have the option to use a Validation column.  Can anybody advise me on how to correct this?  I'm not a Mac person, so am likely missing something obvious.

Thanks.

KDC

6 REPLIES 6
statman
Super User

Re: Predictive modeling options greyed out on Mac

Welcome to the community.  If you could perhaps attach an example data table that your students are experiencing this phenomena, that would be helpful.  Also what OS version. I use a mac and do not have any known issues with those platforms.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
KDC
KDC
Level I

Thanks for your reply.

This issue is independent of data set, but one on which this occurs is the Diabetes.jmp data set (attached) from the JMP sample data folder.  They're currently using JMP PRO 17.2 on recently purchased Macs with OS Sonoma 14, but it also occurred with JMP 16 and 17 with this same hardware/OS setup.

I've been using JMP in this intro class since 2018 with only occasional minor glitches on Macs.  This is the first non-trivial issue I've encountered.

Are your students supposed to have the full version of JMP or JMP Pro, or the limited Student version?

KDC
KDC
Level I

They're using JMP PRO 17.2, but had the same problem with JMP PRO 16 and 17.

statman
Super User

I cannot replicate your issue

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 2.42.23 PM.png

 You can see all Predictive modeling options are available.  Perhaps contact JMP support.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
KDC
KDC
Level I

Thanks for trying.  I appreciate the time and thought you put into this.