cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
marks
Level I

Power Fit Equation for JMP

I have data that follow a power law and I need to plot the regression and use the coefficients for lifetime calculations.  Is there a method, or script, developed to do this in JMP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
peterj
Level III

Re: Power Fit Equation for JMP

You can create a power model using the Analyze -> Modeling -> Non-linear. In the model library, select Model E (2P) to create the new formula for your prediction.

Attached is a script that creates some random data and will create a power fit through the data. In this example z=x^y and the fit is done accordingly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
peterj
Level III

Re: Power Fit Equation for JMP

You can create a power model using the Analyze -> Modeling -> Non-linear. In the model library, select Model E (2P) to create the new formula for your prediction.

Attached is a script that creates some random data and will create a power fit through the data. In this example z=x^y and the fit is done accordingly.