cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ehchandlerjr
Level V

Optimal decision tree and Adam's consensus?

Hello - First of all, I'm speaking very much as a non-statistician here. I have a paper I'm trying to replicate that is doing hierarchical clustering with multiple similarity functions and grouping methodologies, and then using an Adam's consensus to find a sort of "optimal" dendrogram, if you will. I looked at their software they were using, and its been out of comission for a good 15 years. JMP has the ability to do hierarchical clustering, you can change the method, etc. But I found no reference to an Adam's consensus in the documentation. Does JMP have this buried in its menus? If not, are there other newer ways to average? I found boosted forest in the menu system, but that is for prediction, and I'm just trying to cluster rows based on columns (and maybe a little two-way clustering while I'm at it). 

Like I said, I'm very much not a statistician, so maybe there is just another name for this sort of thing that has developed in the last couple of decades. Does anyone know if JMP has this or similar functionality, and if I'm just missing it?

Thanks!

Edward Hamer Chandler, Jr.
0 REPLIES 0