cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JeandO
Level I

Open old JMP Genomic scripts in JMP Pro

Hi, I am transitioning from running microarray data in JMP Genomics to JMP Pro. I have hundreds of old analysis output scripts that I revisit but I noticed that if I try to open a script (e.g. ANOVA Script for data_amr.jsl) in JMP Pro 17 I get the error message "The namespace "jg" is not defined in access or evaluation of 'jg:cutoff', /*###*/". I guess it is because all these scripts are linked to the softer used to create them jp (JMP Genomics). Is there a way to redirect them to open in JMP Pro?

Almost all my JMP Genomic analysis used the Analytical Processes/Workflows/Basic/Basic Expression Workflow or

Analytical Processes/Expression/Normalization/Data Standardize procedures.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Open old JMP Genomic scripts in JMP Pro

Hi @JeandO ,

Currently it is not possible to open output from analyses run in JMP Genomics in JMP Pro due to the dependancies on JMP Genomics (jg:) in the scripts that were created.

I am looking into if there is a way to modify the old JMP Genomics results scripts so that the results can open in JMP Pro. there is no guarantee that it will be possible, but I will do my best and it might take a while to get to the answer since I will need to work with developers to investigate this.

Thanks for posting your question.

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Data Scientist, Life Sciences - Global Technical Enablement
JMP Statistical Discovery, LLC. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com

Re: Open old JMP Genomic scripts in JMP Pro

Hi @JeandO ,

Please reach out to me directly. We would like to get a detailed list of JMP Genomics reports you would like to open in JMP Pro.  The underlying data sets that make up the report can be opened in JMP Pro, but we are interested in opening the report itself (or a version of it) so that you can at least interact with the results. At least we want to assess the amount of work it might take to open them up instead of manually re-creating the graphs/report through JMP Pro (which is possible given that the underlying data sets can be opened in JMP Pro).

Thanks,

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Data Scientist, Life Sciences - Global Technical Enablement
JMP Statistical Discovery, LLC. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com