cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Not able to click "OneWay" in fit Y by X

Hi, I am trying to perform one way ANOVA. but I am not able to click "Oneway" in below screen shot. Am I doing something wrong? I am using student edition.   JMP Pro 18.0.2. 

PartialBeetle82_0-1725886616071.png

4 REPLIES 4
Victor_G
Super User

Re: Not able to click "OneWay" in fit Y by X

Hi @PartialBeetle82,

Welcome in the Community !

The platform "Fit Y by X" will automatically display the right type of analysis depending on your variables types, the panel on the left is not interactive (it only displays which analysis will be performed based on your variable types).

If you want to perform a "Oneway" analysis, you need a continuous Y response and a categorical X variable. You can right click in the column title "Level" in your datatable, click on "Column Info", and change the Modeling type to "Nominal" (or Ordinal). Then, relaunching the platform "Fit Y by X", setting your X and Y variables and clicking on "Ok" will directly provide a Oneway analysis.

I hope this answer will help you,

Victor GUILLER
Data & Analytics
hogi
Level XII

You can also do it right in the platform menu, by right clicking on the icon:

hogi_0-1725888226969.png

Like @Victor_G 's approach, it will change the modeling type of the column.
This might be exactly what you want and will also affect all the other plot which were generated with this column.

But it might "destroy" some of them.

An alternative:
generate a 1:1 copy via a Transfrom Column -  which just lives inside the platform:

hogi_1-1725888387629.png

Then change the modeling type of this transform column and use it in the menu:

hogi_2-1725888456017.png

Hi hogi,

Thanks, It works. Appreciate your help. I used to put continuous variable for categorical  in Minitab so was stuck.

Hi Victor GUILLER,

Thanks, It works. When switching to new platform, help from veteran member like you in invaluable.