Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mleybo
Level I

Normalized rare earth element plots

HI all, 

I am trying to plot line plots where all the rare earth element are normalized to some value - typically this is a value for each REE in a chondrite. This used to be very easy in a program called Aabel by Gigawiz, but they seem to be defunct now. So, I am migrating to JMP, but cannot see an easy way to do this. I can in excel, but its a bit of a mess. Any thoughts? I have attached an example.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Normalized rare earth element plots

Hi,
Have you looked into the column formula "STANDARDIZE": Essentially, it centers the distribution and scale it the the standard deviation yielding normalized values?
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse
mleybo
Level I

Thanks. but that is not really what I am trying to do. In geochemistry we normalize the REE to remove the Oddo-Harkins effect of odd-even isotopic abundances in the (known) universe. Produces smooth patterns, which deviations from each other reflect different geochemical processes

Phil_Kay
Staff

Hi, can you explain more about the normalisation that you need to do? The chart looks like it should be easy to produce in JMP once you have the data in the form required. Are you able to share an example of the type of data? I think that would really help the community to answer your question.