Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Gabriel
Level III

Non-linear fit (Exponential regression)

Hi everyone, Good day,

I have been having a hard time fitting an exponential regression graph. I have attached what I want as gotten from Excel, but I see I am unable to get it done on Jmp.

I hope I would be able to do it on graph builder do I can at least show the exponential regressions based on the factors (treatment). First, I want to be able to fit an exponential regression on Jmp, not using formula as I have seen in previous post (it doesn't give what I see in the attached).

Please help.

Gabriel Mulero
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jemster
Level III

Re: Non-linear fit (Exponential regression)

You could try looking under analyze>specialized modelling>fit curve. The red triangle menu for the graph should let you fit exponential models

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dale_lehman
Level VII

Try Fit Y by X and then Fit Special.  Use the exponential transformation for X.

Gabriel
Level III

Thank you Dale, I tried it but it gives nothing close to the values in excel like if you do a linear regression in excel and then do it in Jmp, we as expected get same thing.

- the trendline is nothing close, the R2 is also nothing close.

I appreciate the assistance because I never tried what you showed before.

Gabriel Mulero
statman
Super User

It would be much easier to assist if you provide the data table.  Then we would have some context and possibly could add a script to the table that creates the plot you are looking for.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
Jemster
Level III

You could try looking under analyze>specialized modelling>fit curve. The red triangle menu for the graph should let you fit exponential models