cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Shahar_JMP
Level I

Multiple versions of JMP - what to do with the old?

Hi, 

I just noticed that installing JMP 17 did not remove JMP 16 from my computer, and while researching this, I realize that upgrading to JMP 18 will also maintain the already installed older versions.

So, (1) why should I keep the older versions?

(2) if I gain nothing from keeping them, how do I safely remove older versions after installing newer versions (on Mac)?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
statman
Super User

Re: Multiple versions of JMP - what to do with the old?

I have multiple versions because I support clients that tend to be slow to upgrade and therefore I use older versions to demonstrate the use of the software for them.  If this is just for your own use, just drag the (old version) application to the trash.  I wouldn't use an application like AppCleaner as it might remove components of the latest version (never tested).

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
hogi
Level XII

Re: Multiple versions of JMP - what to do with the old?

Sometimes, a new version has a bug which was not there in an old version. Some features get removed accidentally.
like Bar ordering

hogi_1-1728333611778.png

or Clear row states: Add Clear Row States back to row right-click menu 
Then it's good to have the old version as a backup.

To distinguish the different versions, you can use the AddIn: Identify different JMP versions 

hogi_0-1728333301376.png