cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
drdrf
Level III

Mixture profiler for mixture + process variables

I have a DOE with three mixture variables and two process variables.  There are constraints on the mixture variables so most of the area in the mixture profiler is shaded out.

I'm using JMP17.  I would like to use the mixture profiler to show how the contours in the mixture space change as I move the process variables.  As the design space is a fraction of the ternary plot, I need to change the scale of the axes so that the contours are clearly visible.  The problem is that after doing this (Picture 1), as soon as I move the slider for one of the process variables, the plot immediately reverts to the original scale (Picture 2).  Is there a solution?

The attached jmp file is a simplified version of the DOE that illustrates the issue I am having.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Mixture profiler for mixture + process variables

I see the issue. I do not know of any way around it, so posting your request on the Wish List would be a good idea.

I can offer a possible reason why the axes keep going back to the defaults: when you change the setting of a variable that is not currently displayed, the design space will often change shape. It may grow bigger or smaller. The only way to make sure that you can always see all of the viable space is to keep the axes at the original settings. I know that does not take your frustration away, but I hope that understanding why it is occurring might help.

Perhaps someone can see some clever way to get the axes to stay at their "zoomed in" state.

Dan Obermiller