Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
peterrow
Level II

Missing Red Triangle from Dashboard

Hi, 

I have created two dashboards, which I would now like to edit.

Dashboard one is displayed with the red triangle menu, Dashboard two has no red triangle.  Does anybody know why this happens and how I can ensure the red-triangle is shown?

I have JMP 16.2.0

peterrow_0-1706692389146.png

Dashboard two has no red triangle

peterrow_1-1706692484138.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing Red Triangle from Dashboard

The red-triangle menu for the top-level TabPage in a Dashboard comes from a script embedded in the Dashboard.  The default Dashboard templates create a variable `MainTabPage` to refer to this box (objects visible if you toggle Show Properties):

danschikore_0-1706707298269.png

The template script includes this line:

Try( MainTabPage << Set Scriptable Object( thisApplication ) );			

The script is only visible if you toggle off Dashboard Mode.  Is there any chance that you either changed the name of the tab page or modified the script?

Edit: changing the title of the Tab Page is fine - it's just the variable name that the script depends on:

danschikore_1-1706707623614.png

-Dan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The red-triangle menu for the top-level TabPage in a Dashboard comes from a script embedded in the Dashboard.  The default Dashboard templates create a variable `MainTabPage` to refer to this box (objects visible if you toggle Show Properties):

danschikore_0-1706707298269.png

The template script includes this line:

Try( MainTabPage << Set Scriptable Object( thisApplication ) );			

The script is only visible if you toggle off Dashboard Mode.  Is there any chance that you either changed the name of the tab page or modified the script?

Edit: changing the title of the Tab Page is fine - it's just the variable name that the script depends on:

danschikore_1-1706707623614.png

-Dan

peterrow
Level II

Thanks for your help Dan!

I recreated the Dashboard without the red triangle from the one that had the red triangle and then copied the script.  That worked.

Obviously one dashboard had the required line, while the other didn't.  

Good in any case to understand why the red triangle was missing.

Thanks

Pete