Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JMPuser5
Level I

Minimize donor variability in studies

Hi, 

In our studies, we always use multiple donors and we know that there's variability from the donors. Can we use fit y by x and choose "donor" for blocking?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: Minimize donor variability in studies

It seems like you want to treat an effect in your model as a 'block' effect...that is donor. Whether or not an effect is treated as a 'block' depends on how the data was collected wrt to the experimental design. If 'donor' was treated as a blocking factor wrt to the experimental design then you can incorporate that effect into the model in a way that is appropriate wrt to how the design was constructed. Here's a JMP On Demand video you may find informative regarding blocking and DOE.

Blocking in DOE with JMP 

And generally speaking I'd stick with the Fit Model platform for your modeling work...not Fit Y by X for inclusion of block effects in a model.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: Minimize donor variability in studies

It seems like you want to treat an effect in your model as a 'block' effect...that is donor. Whether or not an effect is treated as a 'block' depends on how the data was collected wrt to the experimental design. If 'donor' was treated as a blocking factor wrt to the experimental design then you can incorporate that effect into the model in a way that is appropriate wrt to how the design was constructed. Here's a JMP On Demand video you may find informative regarding blocking and DOE.

Blocking in DOE with JMP 

And generally speaking I'd stick with the Fit Model platform for your modeling work...not Fit Y by X for inclusion of block effects in a model.