cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Methods for compressing a CSV or TSV file with jmp compression to save as .jmp table without having to open the csv in JSL first?

I have access to both JMP12 and JMP14, so a solution for either would work. What I am trying to achieve is saving very large text files (csv,tab,tsv,etc.) with JMP compression such that I get a compressed .jmp file as the result. By large I mean 2-6gb files. Currently I use something like this:

MyDataFile = open(filename,Private);
MyDataFile << Compress File When Saved;
MyDataFile << save(filetosave);

This does work but has a very high memory demand since I have to open the file first. I have also tried using gzip compression on the text files when they are generated and then using GZIPUnCompress() in JMP14 and opening the file. I have not been able to figure out a way to open an externally gzipped file directly without having to unzip it, but I am under the impression that the compression jmp uses is also gz, so I am hoping there is a better way to handle this, such that I could either compress the files in jmp format more efficiently or ideally open a .csv.gz, .tsv.gz, .tab.gz etc. file type in JMP through a JSL code.

0 REPLIES 0