cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
twillkickers
Level III

Manually Ordering Categories in a Stacked Bar Chart

See question in attached photo. I currently have a stacked bar chart, but I would like to be able to order the categories differently in all the bars. Is there a way to do this in the GUI graph builder or in JSL? Thanks for your help!

question_stacked_bar.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Manually Ordering Categories in a Stacked Bar Chart

You can use the column properties of Value Ordering and Value Colors to change the order and colors. Right click on the header for the column in question and select Column Ordering. A dialog box will open and you will be able to set the order to use. Do the same with Value Colors to change the colors.
Also, you should be able to change the colors just by clicking on the values in the legend
Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

You can use the column properties of Value Ordering and Value Colors to change the order and colors. Right click on the header for the column in question and select Column Ordering. A dialog box will open and you will be able to set the order to use. Do the same with Value Colors to change the colors.
Also, you should be able to change the colors just by clicking on the values in the legend
Jim
twillkickers
Level III

Is there a way to change the order of the categories within the bars in the graph builder itself without using column ordering? I was able to change the order of the categories in the legend by using graph builder.

txnelson
Super User

Not that I am aware of it.

Jim
twillkickers
Level III

I ended up using the JSL command

DataColumn << Set Property("Value Ordering", {"X", "Y", "Z"})

to order the values the way I wanted before producing the graph, as you suggested. Thanks for your help!