Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
perrydl
Level I

Kaplan-Meier plot assistance

Good Afternoon,

I'm trying to generate a very simple Kaplan-Meier plot with necropsy day and date. I'm using the survival tab but the graph appears as if there are 3 animals remaining at the 86d time point and the graph starts at 0.8 not 1. 

Please assist. I know this is probably something very simple but I have tried for over a day and cannot figure out how to fix it!  The data is attached. There are only 6 time points and one condition. I would like the post-exposure necropsy day and date to appear on the same graph but it's not a necessity. 

Thank you in advance. Everyone here is always so kind!

2 REPLIES 2
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Kaplan-Meier plot assistance

double click the x axis

maybe try editing the axis format when using the date column.

the min and max of the axis can be set here too

Byron_JMP_0-1685994482798.png

for a survival plot (Analyze>Reliability>Survival)

the grouping variable would be your animal group.  (verify there are three distinct labels, no typos, or case changes, or leading/trailing spaces)

Byron_JMP_1-1685994753174.png

if some animals made it to day 100 when the study ended, then add a new colunm for censor. animals who survived are "1" and wuzzies are "0". Or use a single row for the fuzzies, and freq col for the number that survived. 

the graph has a single x axis, so either date or day, but not sure how to get both without some wackyness.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
peng_liu
Staff

Re: Kaplan-Meier plot assistance

It would be helpful to me if you can attach the output of your analysis, and point out the numbers (e.g. 3, 0.8) in the results.

I guess the question on the value 0.8 is related to midpoint adjustment, but I cannot be sure without seeing what you mean.