cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
djhanson
Level V

JMP12 Add-In Folder Moved (Local=>Roaming)

As I'm migrating some of my JSL scripts from JMP11 to JMP12, they are Add-In's, I've noticed they would not work.  The root cause is that JMP12 is now using the \Roaming folder, where as JMP11 and before used the \Local folder.  Does anyone know why JMP12 Add-In's are now using the Roaming folder?  Same Windows 8 in each case, same PC:

JMP11: C:\Users\<myname>\AppData\Local\SAS\JMP\AddIns

JMP12: C:\Users\<myname>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP\AddIns

thanks, DJ

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: JMP12 Add-In Folder Moved (Local=>Roaming)

I suspect the change to using "Roaming"  has to do with the direction Microsoft is moving the Windows operating system.

My experience has been, that JMP does not make such changes without strong reasons.

The answer to your question will probably be best answered by emailing the JMP support team at:

support@jmp.com

Jim
djhanson
Level V

Thanks - I'm testing this now.  however, I just found this post which states that JMP12 had to move user data ot the Roaming folder for some Citrix change.  Anyways, it is probably something I'm going to ask jmp support to document in their scripting guide (at least I couldn't find it in JMP12 scripting guide).

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/JMP-10-Permissions/m-p/17558

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

I'm curious about your underlying need to hardcode the user profile directory in your JSL.

JMP has a number of path variables to ease access to directories. In particular, the ADDIN_HOME variable and the HOME variable may be of use to you.

Is there a need to address the user profile directory that one of these variables doesn't support?

-Jeff