cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
datanaut
Level III

Is there a data table thumbnail panel for Mac?

In the Windows version of JMP (16.2) there is something called the thumbnail panel at the bottom of every data table.  If there are any graphs or plots associated with the data table, there is a thumbnail of each in this panel.

In the picture below from Windows JMP 16.2, the data table is at the left and associated graphbuilder is at the right.  The thumbnail for the graphbuilder can be seen at the bottom of the data table window in the thumbnail panel (lower left, highlighted in red).  This is extremely convenient for knowing which myriad of graphs open in a big JMP session belong to a given data table.  There is the link back to the data table in every plot window (lower right, highlighted in red).  This thumbnail panel provides the link *forward* to each plot.  

JMP16_Win_Data_Table_and_Thumbnail_Panel.png

The same data set and graph shown in Mac (JMP 16.2) look like the snap below.  The link from graph to data table is there (upper right, highlighted in red) but the thumbnail panel is absent.
JMP16_Mac_Data_Table_and_NoThumbnail_Panel.png

I know I can see the plots associated with a data table on the Mac side in the JMP Home window, "Windows" subsection:

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 12.54.36 AM.png

but this is one or two extra steps every time I want to see the plots associated with a data table and this view does not offer thumbnails.

Does the thumbnail panel in data tables exist somewhere in the Mac version or do I need to suggest it?  I thought for sure it was coming in JMP16 for Mac!

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

2 REPLIES 2
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Is there a data table thumbnail panel for Mac?

I feel your pain on this one. I'm a Mac user and I show JMP workflows to people every day. The ribbon is a nice PC only feature, so are the within menu icons, and the excel add-in for JMP. 

At the top of the screen up there, in the blue ribbon is a section called Wish List. Maybe paste this thread over there.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
datanaut
Level III

Re: Is there a data table thumbnail panel for Mac?

Thanks for the suggestion.  Added!  How many votes needed before it will get attention?