cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Herrera5238
Level III

Is it possible to use Windows Authentication to connect to a server?

Is there a way to use Windows authentication to create a connection?

This is what I'm trying to use:

conn = Create Database Connection ("DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=" || server || ";DATABASE=" || db || ";UID=" || uid || ";PWD=" || pwd || ";");

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it possible to use Windows Authentication to connect to a server?

It should be possible if the ODBC driver is set up correctly.  I would suggest connecting through the UI (Open Database or Query Builder) and then looking at the Source script that results from a query that you perform.  This script is in the jmp data table, in the leftmost upper pane.  You can right click to edit the script.  In that, you will see connection information that you can use for your JSL call.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It should be possible if the ODBC driver is set up correctly.  I would suggest connecting through the UI (Open Database or Query Builder) and then looking at the Source script that results from a query that you perform.  This script is in the jmp data table, in the leftmost upper pane.  You can right click to edit the script.  In that, you will see connection information that you can use for your JSL call.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

Herrera5238
Level III

Setting up the ODBC was the first step that I needed, thank you!

From there this is what the script looked like for me:

Open Database(
	"DSN=[The name you gave ODBC];Description=[Description if you set one];Trusted_Connection=Yes;APP=JMP;WSID=[PC NAME];DATABASE=[DB Name];",
	"[Query]"
)

Overall though I would follow Brian's recommendation about using the UI and than you can just copy from there and apply it as needed.

Thanks for the response Brian!