cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nrodrig1
Level III

Insert values from a table into a list then use list to select rows from another table

Hi,

I want to select valeus from one table to select values in another table. I'm doing this by trying to put all the row valeus into a list. Then use that list to select where. I'm hung up on the part where i'm putting the row values into my list.

Any help would be great:

UnqDscrptns << set name( "UnqDscrptns" );

MyList_1 = {};

For( i = 1, i <= N Rows( UnqDscrptns ), i++,
	Insert Into( MyList_1, Column( 1 ) )
);

There's more code but my work computer that has JMP isnt' letting me signon to JMP community. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Insert values from a table into a list then use list to select rows from another table

I have no idea where you are getting this syntax from but it is wrong. It seems like you are trying random syntax or syntax from another computer language. I suggest that you see Help > Books > Scripting Guide for a background in JSL syntax.

Try this:

MyList_1 = Column( Data Table( "UnqDscrptns" ), 1 ) << Get Values;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Insert values from a table into a list then use list to select rows from another table

Try this:

MyList_1 = Column( 1 ) << Get Values;
nrodrig1
Level III

Thanks you! This is very close. but i have two tables and it seems to make
the list from the table I don't want. There are two tables open I want to
get it from the table called "UnqDscrptns". I tried a few things like:
MyList_1=datatable("UnqDscrptns").column(1)<< Get values;
and
MyList_1=datatable("UnqDscrptns",column(1))<< Get values;

I have no idea where you are getting this syntax from but it is wrong. It seems like you are trying random syntax or syntax from another computer language. I suggest that you see Help > Books > Scripting Guide for a background in JSL syntax.

Try this:

MyList_1 = Column( Data Table( "UnqDscrptns" ), 1 ) << Get Values;

nrodrig1
Level III

Thank youuu!
yes, i was trying random syntax... i apologize i was getting frustrated with my work computer and probably didn't spend enough time in the scripting guide.