Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
SaraA
Level III

Information tools for analysis of Definitive Screening Designs

Hello,

In the JMP course on Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving, the module on DOE does not handle the specific analysis of Definitive Screening Designs (DSD). Any other source of information that can be helpful for someone who is more familiar to the analysis of factorial designs but new to DSD analysis? 

Thank you

Sara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Victor_G
Super User

Re: Information tools for analysis of Definitive Screening Designs

Hi @SaraA,

When using the "Fit Definitive Screening", the analysis of Definitive Screening Designs is done in 2 steps to take into account the specific structure of DSD:

1. First stage involves main effects identification with the responses values,
  2. Second stage involves 2-factors interactions and quadratic effects identification (based on Effects Heredity principle) with the responses residuals from the first stage model.

To learn more about the analysis method of DSDs available in the "Fit Definitive Screening Design", I can recommend some ressources and presentations :

I hope these ressources will help you understand the logic behind this analysis method and model fitting.

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Victor_G
Super User

Re: Information tools for analysis of Definitive Screening Designs

Hi @SaraA,

When using the "Fit Definitive Screening", the analysis of Definitive Screening Designs is done in 2 steps to take into account the specific structure of DSD:

1. First stage involves main effects identification with the responses values,
  2. Second stage involves 2-factors interactions and quadratic effects identification (based on Effects Heredity principle) with the responses residuals from the first stage model.

To learn more about the analysis method of DSDs available in the "Fit Definitive Screening Design", I can recommend some ressources and presentations :

I hope these ressources will help you understand the logic behind this analysis method and model fitting.

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics