cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
EmmaMAC
Level I

Impossible to select variables in the analysis windows

When trying to perform any analysis, the window opens and it is impossible to select variables and add them in the proper box. Only one clic is allowed in the variables list box. It may have started after working on a dataset used with JMP for Mac while I'm on Windows. 

JMP16.0

3 REPLIES 3
statman
Super User

Re: Impossible to select variables in the analysis windows

First, welcome to the community.  It can be difficult to diagnose your problem, but I'll give it a try.

1. Can you attach the JMP dataset that you are having issues with?  Even if you anonymize it that can be helpful.  If not, can you take screen shots of the issue.?

2. I can speak to the Mac vs. Windows versions and I can say I have never had an issue in many years with this.  I myself am on a Mac, but share files with windows users all the time.

3. There is an update to JMP 16...16.1 perhaps install this update.

4. I read another thread where someone was having issues with Windows.  Not sure it will help, but here is the link to that discussion.

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/JMP-16-Functionality-Issue/m-p/417226#M66633

5. If nothing is helpful, you can contact jmp support directly:

https://www.jmp.com/en_us/support/submit-a-problem-request.html?ctry=us_JMP

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

I have the same problem. Please see the screenshot below. When trying to select the X, Y, and Z variables, the dropdown doesn't show any (I am trying to use the Moderation and Mediation add-in).

CrossoverBat724_0-1701361369798.png

I believe this behavior is due to a known problem with certain graphics cards described in JMP Note 67990. First, try turning off the "Enable hardware accelerated graphics" preference in JMP. This helps almost all of the time, and alternatively, you can update the graphics card as noted in the JMP note.

Duane Hayes