cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Thestudent
Level I

How to weigh 5 as the best and 0 as the worst. Multiple regression (fit model)

Its many years since I used JMP, so sorry for the stupid question. 

I made a survey where the answers is rated from 0 (Not included) to 5 (The best). I need to have this included in my regression model. How do I do that? Its concerning many variables which all explains preferences. Some are very important (rated 5) and some are less important (from 4 to 0) 

I just need to know how I weigh them in my fit model 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to weigh 5 as the best and 0 as the worst. Multiple regression (fit model)

Is not the rating (0-5) the response? If so, you can use Numeric or Character data type, but use the Ordinal modeling type. Enter this column in the Y role after selecting Fit Model from the Analyze menu. This action will automatically change the Personality to Ordinal Logistic regression. You will model the log odds of the cumulative logit of the response.

Is that your question?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to weigh 5 as the best and 0 as the worst. Multiple regression (fit model)

Is not the rating (0-5) the response? If so, you can use Numeric or Character data type, but use the Ordinal modeling type. Enter this column in the Y role after selecting Fit Model from the Analyze menu. This action will automatically change the Personality to Ordinal Logistic regression. You will model the log odds of the cumulative logit of the response.

Is that your question?