cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Saravana
Level II

How to set Axis Labels for Graph box in JMP application?

Hi all,

I am using JMP application for plotting a test result. I am using the below script lines to set values to the graph,

Results1 << Set Title ("WFM");
Result Graph << Set X Axis ({Min(0), Max(Res_x_max), Format("Best", 9)});
Result Graph << Set Y Axis ({Min(Res_y_max), Max(Res_y_min), Format("Best", 9)});
Result Graph << Set Graphics Script (Marker (Res_x,Res_y));

My problem is I want to update the X and Y axis labels whenever I launch the the module. I don't know how to set axis labels and its orientation. Please help me with this

1 REPLY 1
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to set Axis Labels for Graph box in JMP application?

Hi @Saravana,

Is the graph a custom graphbox?  I'm guessing you want to do something like use the name of a column that the user specifies in the dialog as an axis label.  You can set the axis names using something like this:

X_label = "X Variable";
GB << Set X Name(X_label);

I'm sure there's a way to orient the label text using Rotate Text("Right"|"Left"|"Horizontal") somehow, but I wasn't able to get anything from the Scripting Index on that.  I tried a few things, but nothing worked.

-- Cameron Willden