cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Neo
Neo
Level VI

How to programmatically enable "Show as Graph Reference Lines" in Spec Limits property of a column?

I am the recipient of a data table where each column has spec limits defined under its Column Property. I would like show these limits as reference lines in my charts when I plot the column data. How do I enable  "Show as Graph Reference Lines" in Spec Limits property for each and every (or some selected) columns in a data table?

When it's too good to be true, it's neither
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to programmatically enable "Show as Graph Reference Lines" in Spec Limits property of a column?

Try Manage Spec Limits for JMP16

Names Default To Here(1);
dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Semiconductor Capability.jmp");
obj = dt << Manage Spec Limits(Process Variables(dt << Get Column Group("Processes")));
Wait(1);
obj << Show Limits All;
obj << Save to Column Properties;//obj << Close Window;
-Jarmo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jthi
Super User

Re: How to programmatically enable "Show as Graph Reference Lines" in Spec Limits property of a column?

I think using Manage Limits is easiest option even without any scripting

jthi_0-1683718467816.png

and it is also fairly simple to script

obj = dt << Manage Limits(Process Variables(dt << Get Column Group("Processes")));
Wait(1);
obj << Show Limits All;
obj << Save to Column Properties;
//obj << Close Window;
-Jarmo
Neo
Neo
Level VI

@jthi 

On JMP 16.2.0 doing it manually works (i.e. all grouped columns get the "Show as Graph Reference Lines" checked) but the script is not working i.e. "Show as Graph Reference Lines" remain unchecked. 

jthi
Super User

Try Manage Spec Limits for JMP16

obj = dt << Manage Spec Limits(Process Variables(dt << Get Column Group("Processes")));
Wait(1);
obj << Show Limits All;
obj << Save to Column Properties;//obj << Close Window;
-Jarmo
Neo
Neo
Level VI

@jthi 

Thanks JMP16 version of the script works but the end result of having the LSL/USL on the chart as reference lines is not satisfactory. JMP appears to automatically place the text LSL and USL at the extremities of the Y axis and the reference lines are hidden outside the visible y-axis range. Any way to fix this?

How would you adjust the scale with the data and the limits manually? I am not asking about the steps taken. I am asking about your criterion.

Neo
Neo
Level VI

@Mark_Bailey  I have explained the issue here https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/How-to-show-USL-LSL-lines-enabled-via-the-property-quot-Sho... . Apparently on a more recent JMP version, a satisfactory result could be expected. I am (we are) on 16.2.0 and do not want to upgrade yet.