cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to perform Pairwise comparison on Kaplan-Meier survival curve?

Hello,

I am currently conducting a survival experiment where I am investigating the impact of 8 different diets on the survival of my subjects. There are 8 total groups, each consisting of approximately 20 individuals, that are exposed to a single diet from day 1 until they pass away. Every day, I record the number of deceased individuals.

After conducting the Kaplan-Meier curve using the survival analysis feature in JMP, I discovered significant differences among the groups. My next step is to compare the 8 diets and determine whether there are any significant differences between pairs of diets.

However, I am having difficulty finding the appropriate test in JMP, whether it be post-hoc or pairwise comparison. I have searched the community discussions, but have not found a post that addresses my specific needs. Could anyone offer any assistance or suggestions on how to proceed with my analysis?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

1 REPLY 1
peng_liu
Staff

Re: How to perform Pairwise comparison on Kaplan-Meier survival curve?

I think that you at least need the Local Data Filter feature in JMP to help you to get pair-wised comparisons. Here is a screenshot to illustrate. There are 8 groups in the data, I can pick any two groups to compare using the Local Data Filter.

peng_liu_0-1682877830839.png

If you are interested in multiple-comparisons, then these two resources are relevant: Multiple Comparisons Problem and Bonferroni Correction . In a summary, you need to adjust your confidence level based on how many simultaneous hypotheses you have. And your hypotheses are those pair-wised tests.